Friday, November 29, 2013

Molded....

I've been watching silently as something miraculous begins to slowly unfold in my home.

As our delight-directed journey expands into new territories, I am seeing the kids attach more deeply to us as parents. The two now are wedded in my head and in my heart. I am absolutely not saying this is not possible with other ways of schooling, I am just saying that for us the mix has been the biggest blessing.

Our radical life of learning means that I am intimately involved in my kids lives. Not in an intrusive "do this" sort of way, but in a "watch me mom" way that little kids have. Just as a small child says "watch me mom" a million times a day, through self-directed learning, I have those moments all day every day.

My kids, no longer needing to fit into my mold, are welcoming me into the lives they are molding.

We talk, we explore, we live life full-force with each child, and they are allowing us to attach. We are beginning a beautiful dance together as a family. The changes in all the dynamics are so very good. My kids feel valuable as people and it is showing.

Their hearts are healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, this is my space, but I welcome your thoughts! Please share...