Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Come Along...

I'm not even sure how to begin this blog because there's so much swirling in my head.

For anyone coming here who is looking for an ally in an adoption of an older child, I pray this is a good and safe place for you to be. For anyone coming here who is blatantly anti-adoption, I hope you feel welcome too. I have a lot of really strong, and really mixed up feelings regarding what I now believe about adoption vs what I used to believe. I hope you bear with me as I learn, and grow, and sort through those feelings. The things I understand to be true today, may completely broadside me as false tomorrow.

We are entering a place where my kiddos are facing racism and struggling to find their worth. There are some very bad people in this world. And there are some very good ones. I am a white mom of Hispanic, and black, and white children. What does this mean for me? For them? I'm not sure.

My faith has changed.  I was very close to completely rejecting my beliefs and my church. I am still working on that one. Having taken a radical step back, I am now inching forward and finding my faith to be something that is very much a mystery to me. I'm ok with that.

And in the midst of all the deep and rambling thoughts, I also hope you see the other side of me. The one that loves to be outside. The one that is journeying towards whole food. The one that would really love to learn more about healing with God's good earth. The one with a wicked and sarcastic sense of humor. And the one that is Laura Ingalls at heart. Homeschooler, mom of kids in school, grandma of the most beautiful baby in the world.

I am not who I used to be. As this life continually beats me down, I am finding that I am stronger than I thought. I have so much to learn yet.

So what is this blog about??

I guess if you come along with me, we'll both find out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, this is my space, but I welcome your thoughts! Please share...